BRISTOL, Tenn. - Bristol Tennessee Essential Services is warning its customers about a scam.
BTES says scammers are calling their customers and posing as company representatives and threatening to turn off the customer's power unless a gift card is purchased.
BTES CEO Mike Browder says the company does not request payments in this manner.
If you get one of these phone calls, BTES asks that you record the number and call their main line at (423) 968-1526.
- New Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- New Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- New Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Updated Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record
- Updated Local bank holding 5K run to raise money for Niswonger Children's Hospital