BRISTOL, Tenn. - Bristol Tennessee Essential Services is warning its customers about a scam.
BTES says scammers are calling their customers and posing as company representatives and threatening to turn off the customer's power unless a gift card is purchased.
BTES CEO Mike Browder says the company does not request payments in this manner.
If you get one of these phone calls, BTES asks that you record the number and call their main line at (423) 968-1526.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- New School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- New Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon