Saturday marks two years since a deadly tornado outbreak in our region.
Several tornadoes touched down in Greene, Washington and Johnson Counties in Tennessee and in Washington and Smyth Counties in Virginia.
Fourteen people were killed in those 2011 storms.
Friday, those in Glade Spring are gathering to remember.
The Long Term Recovery group is planting trees to not only remember the tremendous damage but to turn that devastation into a positive opportunity.
Also Friday, The Washington County, Virginia Emergency Operations Center will be dedicated.
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.
- Philadelphia man who spent 24 years in prison is exonerated