Saturday marks two years since a deadly tornado outbreak in our region.
Several tornadoes touched down in Greene, Washington and Johnson Counties in Tennessee and in Washington and Smyth Counties in Virginia.
Fourteen people were killed in those 2011 storms.
Friday, those in Glade Spring are gathering to remember.
The Long Term Recovery group is planting trees to not only remember the tremendous damage but to turn that devastation into a positive opportunity.
Also Friday, The Washington County, Virginia Emergency Operations Center will be dedicated.
- Updated UPDATE: Greene Co. Sheriff says missing teen could be in N.C.
- ETSU student arraigned, has November court date
- Baby makes three Abingdon women in same family born on same day
- Updated UPDATE: Southern Conference to keep championship games in N.C.
- Save the Peeps: Workers of famous marshmallows end strike