Construction of a major traffic circle is moving right along in Jonesborough, Tennessee. The five point roundabout is at the intersection of highways 81 and 353 and is being made into the round shape by Summers Taylor Construction. This is the solution to the area having a high number of accidents in the area. Town Administrator Bob Browning says, “it's much safer than a normal traffic signal would be in terms of the kinds of accidents that occur accidents without injuries and when people can go through that intersection at 25 miles per hour and continue going where they are you know we feel like that's been a really good decision by TDOT.” As a precaution in the meantime a temporary traffic signal has been put in the construction area.
New Photos & Videos
- Mom charged with murder in 2 babies' deaths
- Just how deadly is the kissing bug?
- Newborn baby found in nativity scene
- Carter County business goes up in flames
- Local contestant to appear on Jeopardy! this week
- Hundreds of families enjoy Thanksgiving Dinner in Honaker
- Viral Facebook app panned as 'privacy nightmare'
- Johnson City starts 'Adopt a Cop' initiative
- Spiders invade North Memphis neighborhood in
- Hampton prepares for state semifinal showdown
- 11 schools at Technology Student Assn’s regional competition
- Grateful shopper pays for firefighters' groceries
- Local contestant tells what to do before appearing on Jeopardy!
- On Camera: Exclusive video of downed Russian jet
- Darth Vader robs Florida store
- Free medical advice: Turkey dinner is not pet food!