Construction of a major traffic circle is moving right along in Jonesborough, Tennessee. The five point roundabout is at the intersection of highways 81 and 353 and is being made into the round shape by Summers Taylor Construction. This is the solution to the area having a high number of accidents in the area. Town Administrator Bob Browning says, “it's much safer than a normal traffic signal would be in terms of the kinds of accidents that occur accidents without injuries and when people can go through that intersection at 25 miles per hour and continue going where they are you know we feel like that's been a really good decision by TDOT.” As a precaution in the meantime a temporary traffic signal has been put in the construction area.
Popular now on WCYB.com
Around The Watercooler
- Marijuana advocate ousted from church
- Fugitive found 'enjoying a bowl of salad' in closet
- Chili's cook fired over shirtless kitchen pics
- Scientist stumbles upon puppy-sized spider
- Man brings hatchet to school; 'seemed like a good idea'
- Teen arrested after giving waitress tip covered in feces
- Mom accused of giving baby to heroin user
- Tropical spider burrows into Aussie man's stomach
- Stinking mess: Truck carrying portable toilets crashes