Construction of a major traffic circle is moving right along in Jonesborough, Tennessee. The five point roundabout is at the intersection of highways 81 and 353 and is being made into the round shape by Summers Taylor Construction. This is the solution to the area having a high number of accidents in the area. Town Administrator Bob Browning says, “it's much safer than a normal traffic signal would be in terms of the kinds of accidents that occur accidents without injuries and when people can go through that intersection at 25 miles per hour and continue going where they are you know we feel like that's been a really good decision by TDOT.” As a precaution in the meantime a temporary traffic signal has been put in the construction area.
New Photos & Videos
- Community mourns father who died saving daughters
- Shoney's gives free meal to police officers across our region
- Former Norton Parks and Recreation Supervisor indicted
- One dead, one injured in Greene County crash
- Gray burglary suspect found hiding in the trunk of his car
- Back to School shopping spree
- Freddie Gray case: Charges dropped against officers
- Smyth Co man arrested for meth dealing after sting operation
- We Salute You: Danny Mullins, Dickenson County, Va.
- Wednesday Afternoon's StormTrack 5 Forecast: 07-27-16
- We Salute You: Jerry Cropper, Council, Va.
- Hawk takes long look at TV sky view camera
- Sen. Warner responds to Trump's attack on Kaine
- Mountain Music School teaches students about Appalachian Music
- Johnson City church packs 20,000 meals for the hungry
- Tennessee Highway Patrol conducts truck inspections weekly