Construction of a major traffic circle is moving right along in Jonesborough, Tennessee. The five point roundabout is at the intersection of highways 81 and 353 and is being made into the round shape by Summers Taylor Construction. This is the solution to the area having a high number of accidents in the area. Town Administrator Bob Browning says, “it's much safer than a normal traffic signal would be in terms of the kinds of accidents that occur accidents without injuries and when people can go through that intersection at 25 miles per hour and continue going where they are you know we feel like that's been a really good decision by TDOT.” As a precaution in the meantime a temporary traffic signal has been put in the construction area.
New Photos & Videos
- New gun laws go into effect July 1 in Virginia
- Stop driving these Hondas right now, says regulator
- Bristol, Va. auctions off around $250k in repossessed property
- Variety of events across region scheduled for Fourth of July weekend
- ETSU scientists make discovery about possible Vitamin D benefits
- Man charged with beheading girlfriend's alleged rapist
- Stumbo found guilty of raping 72-year-old woman
- Local candidate drops out of race citing threats against safety
- We Salute You: William Cuddy, Meadowview, Va.
- We Salute You: Jacob Anderson, Pennington Gap, Va.
- Casey on the Course: RedTail Mountain
- Service held for bluegrass legend Dr. Ralph Stanley
- Friday Afternoon's StormTrack 5 Forecast Video: 7-1
- Thursday Night's StormTrack 5 Forecast: 06-30-16
- Thursday Afternoon's StormTrack 5 Forecast: 06-30-16
- Sailors of the USS Greenville visit the city it is named after