Big changes are on the way for the stores where many buy gas.
Richmond-based GPM investments has released a statement saying it is acquiring Johnson City based Mountain Empire Oil.
Mountain Empire is the parent company of Roadrunner Markets.
The deal includes all 92 Roadrunner convenience stores and seven quick serve restaurants located throughout northeast Tennessee, southwest Virginia, North Carolina, and South Carolina.
GPM investments operates stores under the Fas Mart brand and already has several locations throughout the region.
The sale is expected to close in the second quarter of this year.
- Kingsport police investigating suspicious death on Bruce Street
- Local GOP leaders plan to regroup, continue efforts to repeal and replace Obamacare
- Southwest Virginia school swings into action to create inclusive playground
- Allergy season getting an early start thanks to a warm winter
- Niswonger chosen as inaugural chair of ETSU Board of Trustees