Big changes are on the way for the stores where many buy gas.
Richmond-based GPM investments has released a statement saying it is acquiring Johnson City based Mountain Empire Oil.
Mountain Empire is the parent company of Roadrunner Markets.
The deal includes all 92 Roadrunner convenience stores and seven quick serve restaurants located throughout northeast Tennessee, southwest Virginia, North Carolina, and South Carolina.
GPM investments operates stores under the Fas Mart brand and already has several locations throughout the region.
The sale is expected to close in the second quarter of this year.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend