Big changes are on the way for the stores where many buy gas.
Richmond-based GPM investments has released a statement saying it is acquiring Johnson City based Mountain Empire Oil.
Mountain Empire is the parent company of Roadrunner Markets.
The deal includes all 92 Roadrunner convenience stores and seven quick serve restaurants located throughout northeast Tennessee, southwest Virginia, North Carolina, and South Carolina.
GPM investments operates stores under the Fas Mart brand and already has several locations throughout the region.
The sale is expected to close in the second quarter of this year.
- Updated Tennessee passes sign language bill
- Court documents: Mother had abused teen in kidnapping case
- Prosecutor: Couple laughed as they fatally shot service dog
- Johnson City authorities execute explosive entry to serve warrant
- Washington County, Va. leaders demanding more transparency from Small Business Incubator