ALCOA, Tenn. -

A hazmat scare at a restaurant near Knoxville had 17 people recovering in the hospital on the evening of August 2.

The Texas Roadhouse in Alcoa, Tennessee was evacuated that Friday night because of a chemical smell that filled the restaurant. 

Those taken to area hospitals were treated for eye irritations and respiratory problems.

Authorities said no serious injuries were reported. We're told the fumes were caused when an employee accidentally mixed bleach and cleaning chemicals.

The restaurant reopened on Saturday night.