A woman who admitted she robbed and brutally attacked her boyfriend's 81-year-old mother has been sentenced in West Virginia.
The Bluefield Daily Telegraph reports 41-year-old Angela M. Graham was sentenced Monday to 60 years on a first-degree robbery charge and 3 to 15 years for attempted murder in the beating of Patricia Hartley.
Bluefield police said Graham and her boyfriend, 44-year-old Wayne W. Hartley, were arrested Jan. 20 after Hartley's mother was found beaten in her home with a baseball bat and rolling pin. Her wrist also had been cut with a knife.
A detective's incident report said that after Graham carried out the attack, she and Wayne Hartley left with a stolen debit card and withdrew cash they used to buy drugs.
Assistant Prosecuting Attorney Janet Williamson says Graham's earliest possibility for parole will be in 18 years.
Information from: Bluefield Daily Telegraph, http://www.bdtonline.com
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- President Trump and family now land owners in Hawkins County
- Businesses in downtown Marion deck the windows for holiday contest
- UPDATE: Bristol, Tennessee man sentenced to 10 years for child sex crimes
- Sullivan County Highway Department has new tools to clear slippery roads
- UPDATE: Governor Haslam offers $5K reward for info on Bristol Walmart murder