There is a wildfire threat today for Watauga County, NC.
Due to low relative humidity and high winds today, the area will be at an increased risk for fire.
A burning ban is not in effect, but forestry officials recommend you wait to burn brush outside until the conditions improve.
Officials also say if you are disposing of ashes from your wood stove or fireplace, be sure they are completely cooled.
If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact the North Carolina Forest Service at 828-265-5375 or the Watauga county Fire Marshal's office at 828-264-4235.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities