There is a wildfire threat today for Watauga County, NC.
Due to low relative humidity and high winds today, the area will be at an increased risk for fire.
A burning ban is not in effect, but forestry officials recommend you wait to burn brush outside until the conditions improve.
Officials also say if you are disposing of ashes from your wood stove or fireplace, be sure they are completely cooled.
If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact the North Carolina Forest Service at 828-265-5375 or the Watauga county Fire Marshal's office at 828-264-4235.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day