There is a wildfire threat today for Watauga County, NC.
Due to low relative humidity and high winds today, the area will be at an increased risk for fire.
A burning ban is not in effect, but forestry officials recommend you wait to burn brush outside until the conditions improve.
Officials also say if you are disposing of ashes from your wood stove or fireplace, be sure they are completely cooled.
If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact the North Carolina Forest Service at 828-265-5375 or the Watauga county Fire Marshal's office at 828-264-4235.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport