There is a wildfire threat today for Watauga County, NC.
Due to low relative humidity and high winds today, the area will be at an increased risk for fire.
A burning ban is not in effect, but forestry officials recommend you wait to burn brush outside until the conditions improve.
Officials also say if you are disposing of ashes from your wood stove or fireplace, be sure they are completely cooled.
If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact the North Carolina Forest Service at 828-265-5375 or the Watauga county Fire Marshal's office at 828-264-4235.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend