West Virginia's capital is hosting a symposium on research on energy production and the environment.
The symposium in Charleston begins Monday and runs through Thursday. It's sponsored by the Appalachian Research Initiative for Environmental Science in cooperation with the Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration.
The research initiative, called ARIES, says new research findings will be released during the symposium.
ARIES is a consortium of universities led by Virginia Tech, with financial support from the mining industry. West Virginia and Marshall universities also are participating in the initiative.
- UPDATE: Item on Tweetsie Trail was geocaching box; trail to reopen
- UPDATE: Greene Co. Sheriff says missing teen could be in N.C.
- Updated Attorney for Black Lives Matter rally crasher issues statement
- New Man arrested for stabbing in Wise County
- Updated Highway Patrol to go door-to-door in I-81 shooter investigation