West Virginia's capital is hosting a symposium on research on energy production and the environment.
The symposium in Charleston begins Monday and runs through Thursday. It's sponsored by the Appalachian Research Initiative for Environmental Science in cooperation with the Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration.
The research initiative, called ARIES, says new research findings will be released during the symposium.
ARIES is a consortium of universities led by Virginia Tech, with financial support from the mining industry. West Virginia and Marshall universities also are participating in the initiative.
- Updated Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane