BRISTOL, Tenn. - Wellmont Health System's Marsh Regional Blood Center will conduct public blood drives at the following locations in the coming days:
• Monday, April 22, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Twin Valley High School, Pilgrim's Knob, Va.
• Monday, April 22, 10 am.-3 p.m., King University, Maclellan Hall, Bristol
• Tuesday, April 23, 8 a.m.-3 p.m., Domtar, Kingsport
• Tuesday, April 23, 1-6 p.m., Valley View Freewill Baptist Church, Clintwood, Va.
• Thursday, April 25, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Surgoinsville Pharmacy, Surgoinsville
• Thursday, April 25, noon-7:30 p.m., Holston Valley Medical Center, Kingsport
• Thursday, April 25, 1-6 p.m., Food City, Pennington Gap, Va.
• Friday, April 26, 7 a.m.-noon, Kingsport Public Works Department, Kingsport
• Friday, April 26, 7:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Holston Valley Medical Center, Kingsport
• Friday, April 26, 8 a.m.-3 p.m., Elizabethton High School, Elizabethton
• Saturday, April 27, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Mountain View Baptist Church, Johnson City
As many as three lives may be saved each time a person donates blood – and an individual's blood donation to Marsh Regional stays local to help people in this region. Marsh Regional supplies blood to 22 healthcare facilities in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia.
Donors with an O-negative blood type are particularly welcome, as their blood can be used for any patient.
To donate blood, individuals must be at least 17 years old, weigh 110 pounds or more and be in good health. People with a cold, sore throat, fever, flu or fever blisters or who are taking antibiotics may not donate. Donors should eat a balanced meal before giving blood.
In addition to scheduled blood drives, donors are welcome at any of Marsh Regional's collection centers: 102 E. Ravine Road, Kingsport; 1996 W. State St., Bristol; and 1 Professional Park Blvd., Suite 14, Johnson City.
For more information about scheduling a blood drive at a local business, church, school or community organization, please call 423-224-5888 or visit www.marshblood.com.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend