Virginia's general assembly has passed a transportation bill.
Saturday, the last day of the general assembly, the 880-million dollar transportation reform bill was passed and sent to Governor Bob McDonnell.
This bill abolishes the 17 and a half cent gas tax and replaces it with a 3.5% wholesale tax on gas and a 6% levy on diesel fuel.
It's also going to boost the statewide sales tax from 5 percent to 5.3%.
Governor Bob McDonnell said, "I tell people, if you want blame, delay and no results go to Washington. If you want to see people get things done quicky, come to Richmond."
- New Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- New US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.
- Philadelphia man who spent 24 years in prison is exonerated
- Wise County authorities search for missing woman