Virginia's general assembly has passed a transportation bill.
Saturday, the last day of the general assembly, the 880-million dollar transportation reform bill was passed and sent to Governor Bob McDonnell.
This bill abolishes the 17 and a half cent gas tax and replaces it with a 3.5% wholesale tax on gas and a 6% levy on diesel fuel.
It's also going to boost the statewide sales tax from 5 percent to 5.3%.
Governor Bob McDonnell said, "I tell people, if you want blame, delay and no results go to Washington. If you want to see people get things done quicky, come to Richmond."
- New UPDATE: Keene sentenced to 60 years
- Convicted cop killer lingering on death row, costly to taxpayers
- Bristol, Va., woman charged with malicious wounding
- Man convicted of vehicular homicide by intoxication denied new trial
- Former Norton parks and recreation supervisor to plead guilty in sex scandal