Virginia's general assembly has passed a transportation bill.
Saturday, the last day of the general assembly, the 880-million dollar transportation reform bill was passed and sent to Governor Bob McDonnell.
This bill abolishes the 17 and a half cent gas tax and replaces it with a 3.5% wholesale tax on gas and a 6% levy on diesel fuel.
It's also going to boost the statewide sales tax from 5 percent to 5.3%.
Governor Bob McDonnell said, "I tell people, if you want blame, delay and no results go to Washington. If you want to see people get things done quicky, come to Richmond."
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- New Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon
- Johnson City man arrested after dangerous police chase in busy traffic