According to the Associated Press, Virginia State Police are investigating a small plane crash at a glider port that injured a North Carolina man.
State police tell media outlets that Kenneth Ray Gwyn of Ararat, N.C., was piloting the 1973 Cessna 172M when it crashed while taking off Sunday afternoon at the glider port in Craig County.
State police say the plane didn't have enough air speed to take off and tipped over on its nose. Its left wing hit the ground and the landing gear collapsed.
The Federal Aviation Administration has been notified of the crash.
- Updated Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death