BLAND COUNTY, Va. - Virginia State Police plan to continue an investigation surrounding the 1983 murder of two gas station workers in Bland County.
According to Capt. G. Mason, the primary suspect of the investigation is now elderly, and living in a nursing home.
The bodies of 26-year-old Steven Shinault of Max Meadows, and 22-year-old Darren Walker of Bastian were discovered in a Bastian gas station storage room on September 14, 1983.
Officials say both the victims suffered gunshot wounds, and that the slayings may have been made to look like a robbery.
- Updated UPDATE: Bristol assisted living worker pleads guilty to assaulting 94-year-old woman
- Bond set at $7M for suspect in Ohio house fire that killed 7
- Trump vows to crack down on leaks, slams NATO
- Insurers continue to hike prices, abandon ACA markets
- Woman claiming Sandy Hook was a hoax pleading guilty to threats