BLAND COUNTY, Va. - Virginia State Police plan to continue an investigation surrounding the 1983 murder of two gas station workers in Bland County.
According to Capt. G. Mason, the primary suspect of the investigation is now elderly, and living in a nursing home.
The bodies of 26-year-old Steven Shinault of Max Meadows, and 22-year-old Darren Walker of Bastian were discovered in a Bastian gas station storage room on September 14, 1983.
Officials say both the victims suffered gunshot wounds, and that the slayings may have been made to look like a robbery.
- New Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- New Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- New Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Updated Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record
- Updated Local bank holding 5K run to raise money for Niswonger Children's Hospital