MARTINSBURG, Va. - Paula High, a 55-year-old nurse residing in Virginia Beach, is facing up to four years in prison for pleading guilty on charges of prescription theft.
High was accused of using medication that was intended for a patient at the VA Medical Center in Martinsburg.
According to U.S. attorney William Ihlenfeld, High pleaded guilty to possessing a controlled substance by fraud, misrepresentation, forgery and deception.
Ihlenfeld also state that High used her hospital account to obtain the medication while she worked in the emergency department.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend