MARTINSBURG, Va. - Paula High, a 55-year-old nurse residing in Virginia Beach, is facing up to four years in prison for pleading guilty on charges of prescription theft.
High was accused of using medication that was intended for a patient at the VA Medical Center in Martinsburg.
According to U.S. attorney William Ihlenfeld, High pleaded guilty to possessing a controlled substance by fraud, misrepresentation, forgery and deception.
Ihlenfeld also state that High used her hospital account to obtain the medication while she worked in the emergency department.
- New UPDATE: Keene sentenced to 60 years
- Convicted cop killer lingering on death row, costly to taxpayers
- Bristol, Va., woman charged with malicious wounding
- Man convicted of vehicular homicide by intoxication denied new trial
- Former Norton parks and recreation supervisor to plead guilty in sex scandal