MARTINSBURG, Va. - Paula High, a 55-year-old nurse residing in Virginia Beach, is facing up to four years in prison for pleading guilty on charges of prescription theft.
High was accused of using medication that was intended for a patient at the VA Medical Center in Martinsburg.
According to U.S. attorney William Ihlenfeld, High pleaded guilty to possessing a controlled substance by fraud, misrepresentation, forgery and deception.
Ihlenfeld also state that High used her hospital account to obtain the medication while she worked in the emergency department.
- Updated State Police: Man killed in Wise County, VA crash
- New Former Derby, Preakness winner Charismatic dies
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy