MARTINSBURG, Va. - Paula High, a 55-year-old nurse residing in Virginia Beach, is facing up to four years in prison for pleading guilty on charges of prescription theft.
High was accused of using medication that was intended for a patient at the VA Medical Center in Martinsburg.
According to U.S. attorney William Ihlenfeld, High pleaded guilty to possessing a controlled substance by fraud, misrepresentation, forgery and deception.
Ihlenfeld also state that High used her hospital account to obtain the medication while she worked in the emergency department.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone