MARTINSBURG, Va. - Paula High, a 55-year-old nurse residing in Virginia Beach, is facing up to four years in prison for pleading guilty on charges of prescription theft.
High was accused of using medication that was intended for a patient at the VA Medical Center in Martinsburg.
According to U.S. attorney William Ihlenfeld, High pleaded guilty to possessing a controlled substance by fraud, misrepresentation, forgery and deception.
Ihlenfeld also state that High used her hospital account to obtain the medication while she worked in the emergency department.
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial
- Rock royalty in attendance as Chris Cornell is laid to rest in Hollywood