Veterans' Day isn't until Monday, but several people around the region started their celebrations Saturday.
A Veterans' Day parade made it's way down State Street in Downtown Bristol.
Veterans of all kinds took part in the parade, shaking hands, throwing candy and waving along the route.
Several school marching bands and ROTC units also took part in the event.
- Johnson City Police cruisers damaged after hour-long car chase
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools