It's another step closer to a settlement between miners and a Missouri-based coal company.
Members of the United Mine Workers of America, Wednesday, heard details of the settlement reached with Patriot Coal. The union says the proposed settlement would restore most wage cuts the company was asking for as part of its bankruptcy reorganization. It says all but $1 per hour in wage cuts will be restored.
Around 1,800 current or laid-off Patriot workers in West Virginia and Kentucky will vote on the settlement Friday.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- Updated Part of Bristol, Tennessee without water after water main break
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations