The latest unemployment rates have now been released for Virginia.
Here's what we know -- the Virginia Employment Commission tells us the unemployment rate remained steady for august at 5.9 percent.
They tell us that's about half of a percentage point lower than last year.
Virginia's jobless rate is still below the national average of 8.1 percent.
Across the border in Tennessee the unemployment rates have now been released for August as well.
We've learned from the Labor and Workforce Development commissioner that Tennessee's unemployment rate rose slightly in August to 8.5 percent.
That makes the fourth consecutive month there has been in increase.
The Labor Department says unemployment rates rose in 26 states last month. Rates decreased for 12 states across America.
- New After Saudi arms deal, defense shares fly
- New Bill Condon will direct 2019 'Bride of Frankenstein' remake
- New Colorado highway named for Blue Angel pilot killed in crash
- Updated Virginia inmate given furlough one day before she died of cancer
- Surgoinsville Utility Dist. water customers under boil notice