BRISTOL, Tenn. - Marsh Regional Blood Center says donors with an O-negative blood type are particularly welcome at upcoming blood drives as their blood can be used for any patient.
The blood center is hosting several blood drives:
· Tuesday, May 28, 6:30-8:30 a.m., Seaman Corp., Bristol
· Tuesday, May 28, 8-11 a.m., Eastman Credit Union, Wilcox Drive, Kingsport
· Tuesday, May 28, 10 a.m.-noon, Eastman Credit Union, Meadowview Lane, Kingsport
· Tuesday, May 28, 1-4 p.m., American Electric Power, Kingsport
· Wednesday, May 29, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Buchanan General Hospital, Grundy, Va.
· Wednesday, May 29, 4-8 p.m., Oak Grove Baptist Church, Mount Carmel
· Thursday, May 30, 9-11 a.m., Dickenson Community Hospital, Clintwood, Va.
· Thursday, May 30, noon-7:30 p.m., Holston Valley Medical Center, Kingsport
· Thursday, May 30, 12:30-4 p.m., Heritage Hall Healthcare and Rehabilitation Centers, Clintwood, Va.
· Friday, May 31, 7:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Holston Valley Medical Center, Kingsport
· Friday, May 31, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Kingsport Area Chamber of Commerce, Kingsport
· Saturday, June 1, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Julia Davis Collection Center, Kingsport
· Saturday, June 1, noon-4 p.m., National Guard Armory, Mount Carmel
· Sunday, June 2, 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Our Saviour Lutheran Church, Johnson City
Wellmont says as many as three lives may be saved each time a person donates blood. They also say an individual's blood donation to Marsh Regional stays local to help people in this region. Marsh Regional supplies blood to 22 healthcare facilities in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia.
If you would like to donate blood, keep in mind individuals must be at least 17 years old, weigh 110 pounds or more and be in good health. People with a cold, sore throat, fever, flu or fever blisters or who are taking antibiotics may not donate. Donors should eat a balanced meal before giving blood.
They also say donors are welcome at any of Marsh Regional's collection centers: 102 E. Ravine Road, Kingsport; 1996 W. State St., Bristol; and 1 Professional Park Blvd., Suite 14, Johnson City.
For more information about scheduling a blood drive at a local business, church, school or community organization, please call 423-224-5888 or visit www.marshblood.com.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson