According to the Associated Press, two Page County inmates have been indicted on escape charges.
A Page County grand jury charged 21-year-old Jonathan O'Donnell of Rileyville and 18-year-old Tayvon Clark of Cheverly, Md., on Monday with felony escape.
According to the Page County Sheriff's Office, the men were being held at the Page County Jail in Luray on larceny-related charges when they escaped last Thursday. They were captured about three hours later at a house.
Sheriff John Thomas stated that he believes someone helped the men escape. He says investigators believe a fence in an outdoor exercise area was damaged from the outside.
The inmates are now being held at Middle River Regional Jail in Verona.
- Death toll from Sevier County wildfires increases to 14
- Updated Comptroller critical of Washington County, TN Sheriff's Office
- Kingsport man wanted for violent attack on female victim and cat
- Police searching for man suspected in 2 Kingsport burglaries
- Police: Fake news story led gunman to popular DC pizzeria