More than 100,000 popular SUVs are now under investigation.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says it is investigating complaints that transmission cooler lines can leak fluid in some 2013 Nissan Pathfinders and Infiniti JX models.
News 5 has learned, the problem can lead to a sudden loss of transmission power. The NHTSA says while no injuries have been reported, it has started an evaluation into safety problems related to the issue.
The probe covers an estimated 110,000 vehicles.
Nissan has not commented on the investigation.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities