More than 100,000 popular SUVs are now under investigation.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says it is investigating complaints that transmission cooler lines can leak fluid in some 2013 Nissan Pathfinders and Infiniti JX models.
News 5 has learned, the problem can lead to a sudden loss of transmission power. The NHTSA says while no injuries have been reported, it has started an evaluation into safety problems related to the issue.
The probe covers an estimated 110,000 vehicles.
Nissan has not commented on the investigation.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- Updated Drought causes high levels of sodium in Coeburn's drinking water
- Updated Attorney: Alabama mom delivered stillborn baby after snorting heroin
- Kingsport police searching for man accused in deputy-involved hit-and-run