Tennessee State Representative Matthew Hill of Jonesborough has a new competitor.
Community banking entrepreneur Phil Carriger officially launched his campaign for the 7th district state representative seat on Thursday.
Carriger is a former Johnson City Commissioner with 42 years of community banking experience.
Carriger told supporters Thursday morning that he's a proven job creator and that he also wants to take a stand against President Obama's controversial healthcare law. Carriger will face five-term incumbent Matthew Hill in the republican primary on August 7th.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death