Tennessee State Representative Matthew Hill of Jonesborough has a new competitor.
Community banking entrepreneur Phil Carriger officially launched his campaign for the 7th district state representative seat on Thursday.
Carriger is a former Johnson City Commissioner with 42 years of community banking experience.
Carriger told supporters Thursday morning that he's a proven job creator and that he also wants to take a stand against President Obama's controversial healthcare law. Carriger will face five-term incumbent Matthew Hill in the republican primary on August 7th.
- Court: Greeneville bank manager embezzled more than $1 million
- Local police agencies offering drug take-back services Saturday
- Domtar announces reduced production at Kingsport plant
- Virginia voter registration deadline extended through Friday
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue