Tennessee State Representative Matthew Hill of Jonesborough has a new competitor.
Community banking entrepreneur Phil Carriger officially launched his campaign for the 7th district state representative seat on Thursday.
Carriger is a former Johnson City Commissioner with 42 years of community banking experience.
Carriger told supporters Thursday morning that he's a proven job creator and that he also wants to take a stand against President Obama's controversial healthcare law. Carriger will face five-term incumbent Matthew Hill in the republican primary on August 7th.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend