Tennessee State Representative Matthew Hill of Jonesborough has a new competitor.
Community banking entrepreneur Phil Carriger officially launched his campaign for the 7th district state representative seat on Thursday.
Carriger is a former Johnson City Commissioner with 42 years of community banking experience.
Carriger told supporters Thursday morning that he's a proven job creator and that he also wants to take a stand against President Obama's controversial healthcare law. Carriger will face five-term incumbent Matthew Hill in the republican primary on August 7th.
- Tenn. Senate replaces proposed 'alien' label IDs with 'visa'
- Part of Bristol, Tennessee without water after water main break
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations