A Southwest Virginia-based company announced plans Thursday to install Wi-Fi equipment in high-traffic tourism stops over the next year.
Sunset Digital Communications said their 'SunSpots' project will be placed in up to 20 locations that will be determined through a study the company is conducting by finding those popular tourist areas and locations that lend themselves to future expansion of the network.
Sunset is finalizing its $50 million deal to acquire the digital holdings of Bristol Virginia Utilities including its OptiNet cable TV and Internet service. The company has announced they plan to expand broadband service into several counties over the next five years.
- Virginia Creeper Trail blazing the path for economic growth in Damascus
- UPDATE: Johnson City woman gets 25 years for rape of a child
- Fallen Las Vegas officer's message: "I've been called home"
- Recovery drug court holds graduation ceremony
- THP searching for driver charged in fatal Washington County, TN crash