The above image is the expected total snowfall by noon Thursday.
ALERT: StormTrack 5 meteorologists are tracking a major winter storm in the region.
The Tri-Cities area will likely see 5" to 10" of snow with mountain areas seeing 9" to 12" with locally heavier amounts by noon Thursday.
The following image are from the FutureTrack for Wednesday night:
The heavy snow is expected to continue Thursday morning.
Be alert to dangerous traveling conditions through Thursday.
See the latest forecast at www.WCYB.com/weather.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death