PETERSBURG, Va. - The U.S. Postal Service is issuing a civil war stamp depicting the 1864 siege at Petersburg.
A dedication ceremony for the new stamp is scheduled for Wednesday at the Petersburg National Battlefield.
The event is set to take place near the site of an underground explosion that took place 150 years ago and created a huge depression in the earth.
The explosion and resulting crater earned the skirmish the nickname the "battle of the crater."
The stamp is part of the postal service's commemoration of the 150th anniversary of the civil war.
- New Mistrial for men accused of beating NASCAR's Mike Wallace
- FTC warns there would be 'significant risk' if MSHA, Wellmont merger is approved
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Boone Lake dam repairs will mean water level changes
- TVA investigates aquatic life near Boone Lake dam