PETERSBURG, Va. - The U.S. Postal Service is issuing a civil war stamp depicting the 1864 siege at Petersburg.
A dedication ceremony for the new stamp is scheduled for Wednesday at the Petersburg National Battlefield.
The event is set to take place near the site of an underground explosion that took place 150 years ago and created a huge depression in the earth.
The explosion and resulting crater earned the skirmish the nickname the "battle of the crater."
The stamp is part of the postal service's commemoration of the 150th anniversary of the civil war.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment