JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - It's that time of year again we head to our basement, garage, or closet to do some spring cleaning. But did you know your donations can help others?
We stopped by The Salvation Army Thrift Store in Johnson City and learned once spring hits, the store sees a huge boost in donations things like clothes, kitchen items, even furniture.
Employees say when people shop at the thrift store that money goes to help fund programs provided by The Salvation Army.
"We help find jobs, we help pay rent or mortgage, lights, water, things like that. So the money that is made here at our thrift store goes directly to our Center of Hope," added store manager Leah Moore.
"To me it's just the ultimate recycling, because it helps somebody all along the way," said shopper Vera Tracy.
The thrift store in Johnson City says the need for children's items is especially great this spring.
Donations can be dropped off at any of the local Salvation Army locations Bristol, Kingsport, and Johnson City. Here are the addresses to each thrift store:
Bristol Salvation Army Thrift Store: 1224 W State St Bristol, TN.
Kingsport Salvation Army Thrift Store: 1409 E Stone Dr Suite F Kingsport, TN
Johnson City Salvation Army Thrift Store: 2508 S Roan St Johnson City, TN
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment