We've learned this morning where the source of the outbreak was in southwest Virginia.
More than 600 back pain patients received that shot at clinics in Roanoke and Christiansburg. Meanwhile, another patient has died from this deadly disease traced back to that steroid shot.
The Tennessee victim died at St. Thomas over the weekend. Virginia health officials are scheduled to provide an update today on the fungal meningitis outbreak in their state.
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention says the number of confirmed infections is up to 105 in nine states and the death toll is now eight.
- Updated Black Lives Matter rally crasher no longer enrolled at ETSU, attorney issues statement
- New Man charged with sexually abusing 8-month-old appears in court
- New Man accused of branding wife with hot knife appears in court
- Updated Man who penned famous Oscar Mayer jingle dies in Illinois
- Updated UPDATE: Item on Tweetsie Trail was geocaching box; trail reopens