We've learned this morning where the source of the outbreak was in southwest Virginia.
More than 600 back pain patients received that shot at clinics in Roanoke and Christiansburg. Meanwhile, another patient has died from this deadly disease traced back to that steroid shot.
The Tennessee victim died at St. Thomas over the weekend. Virginia health officials are scheduled to provide an update today on the fungal meningitis outbreak in their state.
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention says the number of confirmed infections is up to 105 in nine states and the death toll is now eight.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment