We've learned this morning where the source of the outbreak was in southwest Virginia.
More than 600 back pain patients received that shot at clinics in Roanoke and Christiansburg. Meanwhile, another patient has died from this deadly disease traced back to that steroid shot.
The Tennessee victim died at St. Thomas over the weekend. Virginia health officials are scheduled to provide an update today on the fungal meningitis outbreak in their state.
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention says the number of confirmed infections is up to 105 in nine states and the death toll is now eight.
- New Video game player dies during non-stop marathon session
- New Correctional workers paint grim picture of Delaware prisons
- Updated 4 charged in death of 9-year-old boy with cerebral palsy
- Carter County robbery suspect captured
- Faculty respond to TBR's 'interim actions' taken at Northeast State Community College