SNOWSHOE, W.V. - While the active winter season has kept many people indoors and canceled all kinds of plans from events to school, one industry is thriving on Old Man Winter.
Snowshoe Mountain announced Tuesday it is extending its ski season. This comes after two-and-a-half feet of fresh snow fell recently.
The ski resort says it will open the slopes for an extended celebration weekend Saturday and Sunday April 5-6. Snowshoe will close temporarily on its original scheduled date Sunday, March 30.
Snowshoe made another announcement Tuesday, offering the Ridiculous Pass Sale for the remainder of the current season, as well as the next season. The pass is $199 and is good through March 2014, as well as the ski season of 2014-2015. The pass offers unlimited skiing and riding, with no blackouts.
For more details about Snowshoe Mountain Resort lift tickets, packages, lodging information and reservations visit www.snowshoemtn.com or call 877-441-4386.
- Updated UPDATE: Kingsport Police arrest murder suspect
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody