WASHINGTON, D.C. - If you receive federal food assistance, you can expect smaller monthly benefits starting next week.
On November 1, the federal government is making cuts to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, commonly known as SNAP or food stamps.
The cuts are happening because the stimulus package money used to pay for it ran out.
For a family of four receiving the maximum benefit, the cut will be about $36 per month.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend