WASHINGTON, D.C. - If you receive federal food assistance, you can expect smaller monthly benefits starting next week.
On November 1, the federal government is making cuts to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, commonly known as SNAP or food stamps.
The cuts are happening because the stimulus package money used to pay for it ran out.
For a family of four receiving the maximum benefit, the cut will be about $36 per month.
- Court: Greeneville bank manager embezzled more than $1 million
- Local police agencies offering drug take-back services Saturday
- Domtar announces reduced production at Kingsport plant
- Virginia voter registration deadline extended through Friday
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue