WASHINGTON, D.C. - If you receive federal food assistance, you can expect smaller monthly benefits starting next week.
On November 1, the federal government is making cuts to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, commonly known as SNAP or food stamps.
The cuts are happening because the stimulus package money used to pay for it ran out.
For a family of four receiving the maximum benefit, the cut will be about $36 per month.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial