WASHINGTON, D.C. - If you receive federal food assistance, you can expect smaller monthly benefits starting next week.
On November 1, the federal government is making cuts to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, commonly known as SNAP or food stamps.
The cuts are happening because the stimulus package money used to pay for it ran out.
For a family of four receiving the maximum benefit, the cut will be about $36 per month.
- New Virginia state trooper charged with solicitation of prostitution
- Updated Parents of 11-year-old convicted murderer sued in Jefferson County
- New Buchanan County drug roundup leads to over 20 arrests
- Updated Elizabethton police looking for credit card thieves
- Highway 421 closed Tuesday between Mountain City and Shady Valley