WATAUGA COUNTY, N.C. - An inmate that walked off a paving detail in Watauga County, North Carolina has been located and is now back behind bars.
The Watauga County, North Carolina Sheriff's Office tells News 5 that 39-year-old Michael Calloway walked away from a Department of Transportation paving crew around noon on Thursday on Old Turnpike Road.
They say Calloway was serving time for being an habitual felon.
He was located around 4:30 Thursday afternoon and taken into custody.
- New ETSU student reports she was sexually assaulted on campus
- Updated Food City and United Way begin annual program to help feed children
- Updated Jail inmates escape in Hawkins County
- Deer feeding prohibited in Virginia starting September 1
- Select children's tickets to be $10 for Cup Series events at Bristol Motor Speedway