WATAUGA COUNTY, N.C. - An inmate that walked off a paving detail in Watauga County, North Carolina has been located and is now back behind bars.
The Watauga County, North Carolina Sheriff's Office tells News 5 that 39-year-old Michael Calloway walked away from a Department of Transportation paving crew around noon on Thursday on Old Turnpike Road.
They say Calloway was serving time for being an habitual felon.
He was located around 4:30 Thursday afternoon and taken into custody.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day