WATAUGA COUNTY, N.C. - An inmate that walked off a paving detail in Watauga County, North Carolina has been located and is now back behind bars.
The Watauga County, North Carolina Sheriff's Office tells News 5 that 39-year-old Michael Calloway walked away from a Department of Transportation paving crew around noon on Thursday on Old Turnpike Road.
They say Calloway was serving time for being an habitual felon.
He was located around 4:30 Thursday afternoon and taken into custody.
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire