The salmonella scare that wiped thousands of jars of peanut butter off the shelves now stretches to shelled peanuts.
Hines Nut Company is recalling nearly two million pounds of in-shell peanuts. The company says the recall is a precautionary move.
The peanuts come in several different packages and size. The most common packaging is a red and blue bag that reads "Hines Salted Jumbo Virginia Peanuts".
The recalled peanuts were processed in the Sunland Inc. peanut processing plant.
Sunland is the processing plant at the center of the salmonella outbreak that has sickened thirty five people.
Hines sells their in-shell peanuts to Dollar General and Walmart stores, among others.
Customers can return the peanuts to the store where they purchased them for a full refund.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- Updated Part of Bristol, Tennessee without water after water main break
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations