There have been many traffic troubles in the last 24 hours, and we've learned Virginia State Police fielded more than 750 calls for service during a five-hour time span Thursday.
VSP says between 3:00 and 8:00 p.m. Thursday, troopers responded to 135 crashes and 138 disabled vehicles.
In our district, troopers responded to 34 crashes and 53 disabled vehicles.
In Tennessee, we checked and learned Tennessee Highway Patrol Fall Branch district troopers responded to 24 crashes and five driver assist calls between Thursday afternoon and Friday morning.
We've also learned 14 abandoned vehicles were towed during that time frame.
- Updated Firefighters battle Scott County house fire
- GOP opens new campaign spot in Washington County Tennessee
- Johnson City hosts first Kidney Foundation charity walk in the region
- Virginia State Police investigate deadly motorcycle crash
- Blood drive honors recovering Volunteer Parkway shooting victim