There have been many traffic troubles in the last 24 hours, and we've learned Virginia State Police fielded more than 750 calls for service during a five-hour time span Thursday.
VSP says between 3:00 and 8:00 p.m. Thursday, troopers responded to 135 crashes and 138 disabled vehicles.
In our district, troopers responded to 34 crashes and 53 disabled vehicles.
In Tennessee, we checked and learned Tennessee Highway Patrol Fall Branch district troopers responded to 24 crashes and five driver assist calls between Thursday afternoon and Friday morning.
We've also learned 14 abandoned vehicles were towed during that time frame.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport