According to the Associated Press, a second man has pleaded guilty to wearing a clown mask in a Virginia Beach theater.
Nineteen-year-old Blake D. Newton is scheduled to be sentenced June 18 on the felony charge of wearing a mask in public.
According to The Virginian-Pilot, Newton entered his plea Tuesday in Virginia Beach Circuit Court. Prosecutors withdrew a misdemeanor disorderly conduct charge.
Prosecutors say Newton and 20-year-old Jamar K. Washington caused a panic when they walked into the theater on Oct. 8, 2012, wearing clown masks.
The incident occurred just months after a gunman killed 12 people and injured 58 others at a theater in Colorado.
Washington told police the men weren't aware of the Colorado massacre.
Washington pleaded guilty to the same charge Monday.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport