BOONE, NC - Boone, North Carolina-based Samaritan's Purse deployed a team Tuesday morning to help devastated communities in Oklahoma.
Those teams will be providing emergency assistance as well as cleaning and repairing damaged homes. They're also taking a tractor-trailer stocked with supplies, tools and equipment. That unit will also be the command center for the team.
It's not the first trip for Samaritan's Purse. The charity also provided relief in Moore, Oklahoma after a tornado destroyed more than 1,000 homes there in 1999.
Samaritan's Purse staff and volunteers are also in Hood County, Texas helping tornado victims. That tornado struck on May 15th.
If you'd like to help victims you can make a donation online at samaritanspurse.org
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane