BOONE, NC - Boone, North Carolina-based Samaritan's Purse deployed a team Tuesday morning to help devastated communities in Oklahoma.
Those teams will be providing emergency assistance as well as cleaning and repairing damaged homes. They're also taking a tractor-trailer stocked with supplies, tools and equipment. That unit will also be the command center for the team.
It's not the first trip for Samaritan's Purse. The charity also provided relief in Moore, Oklahoma after a tornado destroyed more than 1,000 homes there in 1999.
Samaritan's Purse staff and volunteers are also in Hood County, Texas helping tornado victims. That tornado struck on May 15th.
If you'd like to help victims you can make a donation online at samaritanspurse.org
- New Life Care agrees to pay $145 million for role in false claims to Medicare, TRICARE
- Trial in Carter County begins for man accused of trying to kill deputy while in jail
- Third suspect in Nashville tourist's death arrested
- Virginia city may consider "In God We Trust" motto for its city hall
- Body discovered near Guest River Gorge