BRISTOL, Tenn. - Pretty soon you'll hear those familiar bells ringing outside of local shopping centers, raising money for the Salvation Army.
News 5 checked with the Bristol Salvation Army and learned they're already gearing up for this year's Red Kettle Campaign.
Johnson City, Kingsport, and Bristol's Salvation Army need your help and they're hoping you'll volunteer your time by being a bell ringer which helps serve thousands of people.
"You [volunteers] know that every hour that you spend at that kettle you are raising anywhere from $50 to $60. And that's going directly to support programs of the Salvation Army, whether it be our Christmas programs or soup kitchens," said Captain Joseph Irvin with the Bristol Salvation Army.
If you would like to help this Christmas season, you can contact your local Salvation Army:
Kingsport (423) 246-6671
Johnson City (423) 926-2101
Bristol (423) 764-6156
- New Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- New US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- New Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.
- Philadelphia man who spent 24 years in prison is exonerated
- Wise County authorities search for missing woman