KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Some people in Kingsport signed up to give the gift of life on Tuesday.
April is Donate Life Month, and some family members of donors were on hand at the Renaissance Center in Kingsport encouraging people to sign up to become organ donors.
The Donate Life group tells us 120,000 people across the country are waiting for an organ transplant.
Kingsport resident David Lively became involved in the group after his son was killed in a crash and was an organ donor. "It's pretty far reaching. We judged that Adam saved five lives and improved the lives of about 50 other people," he said.
You can sign up to be an organ donor when you renew your driver's license.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator