The results are in about a weekend blood drive to honor the memory of Brittany Jo Hankal.
Hankal was a graduate of David Crockett High School. She died at the age of 21 in a car accident in May 2012.
Over the weekend, the Red Cross of Johnson City held a blood drive, encouraging others to donate since that was one of Hankal's favorite ways to serve her community.
The Red Cross tells us their goal was to collect around 60 units of blood that will help 70 to 80 people, but they only collected 34.
Here's where you can donate blood in the next couple of weeks:
Monday, December 30 in Johnson City at the Knoxville TVA Employees' Credit Union from noon until 4 p.m.;
Thursday, January 2 in Wise, Virginia at the Food City from 1 until 6 p.m.;
Saturday, January 4 in Kingsport at the Julia Davis Collection Center from 8:30 until 12:30 p.m.;
and you can always donate at Marsh Regional's collection centers. There's one on West Stone Drive in Kingsport and one on West State Street in Bristol, Tennessee.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death