Norfolk Southern is beginning work on their rails.
We're told this project, which is standard maintenance, is done every 20 to 25 years.
Crews will be replacing the rails for the 17 mile stretch from Bristol to Piney Flats.
They're starting at State Street, where preliminary work began Monday.
This project will be done in three phases and should be finished in the spring.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway