Norfolk Southern is beginning work on their rails.
We're told this project, which is standard maintenance, is done every 20 to 25 years.
Crews will be replacing the rails for the 17 mile stretch from Bristol to Piney Flats.
They're starting at State Street, where preliminary work began Monday.
This project will be done in three phases and should be finished in the spring.
- New More sponsors for measure to repeal HB2, keep restrictions
- New West Virginia Senate would penalize sharing explicit images
- New Authorities investigating Carter County pharmacy armed robbery
- New Tennessee man faces negligent homicide charge in toddler's death
- New Instagram post leads to sex offender being sent back to prison