Norfolk Southern is beginning work on their rails.
We're told this project, which is standard maintenance, is done every 20 to 25 years.
Crews will be replacing the rails for the 17 mile stretch from Bristol to Piney Flats.
They're starting at State Street, where preliminary work began Monday.
This project will be done in three phases and should be finished in the spring.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day