BRISTOL, Va. - In the coming weeks, our community will have a unique opportunity to help local senior citizens who might otherwise be overlooked this holiday season.
Home Instead Senior Care has teamed up with area retailers and non-profit agencies to sponsor "Be a Santa to a Senior", a program that collects, wraps and delivers gifts to lonely and needy seniors in the the Tri-Cities area.
Donations will be accepted in several locations from November 1 to December 9.
Organizers say the need is especially great this year for local seniors.
To learn more about how you can help make a difference in the life of a local senior, please contact Home Instead Senior Care in Bristol, Virginia at (276) 669-0840.
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project