BRISTOL, Va. - In the coming weeks, our community will have a unique opportunity to help local senior citizens who might otherwise be overlooked this holiday season.
Home Instead Senior Care has teamed up with area retailers and non-profit agencies to sponsor "Be a Santa to a Senior", a program that collects, wraps and delivers gifts to lonely and needy seniors in the the Tri-Cities area.
Donations will be accepted in several locations from November 1 to December 9.
Organizers say the need is especially great this year for local seniors.
To learn more about how you can help make a difference in the life of a local senior, please contact Home Instead Senior Care in Bristol, Virginia at (276) 669-0840.
- New Serial burglar guilty of costly raid at Simon Cowell's home
- New Pedestrian killed trying to cross interstate in Asheville
- Trial date set for Sullivan County man charged with child sex crimes
- Man sentenced after trying to bring meth to Lee County inmates
- Supreme Court may strike law barring sex offenders from social media