According to the Associated Press, police in Chattanooga say a fatal shooting does not appear to be a random act.
Police spokesman Nathan Hartwig said when officers responded to a report of a shooting early Tuesday, they found the body of a 28-year-old man in a parking lot.
He had been shot several times and was pronounced dead on the scene.
Police did not immediately release the victim's name.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- Updated Battle at Bristol 2? Speedway Motorsports won't rule it out
- Updated Virginia settles with Hyundai/Kia in multi-state suit
- Updated King University to suspend admissions to nursing program, close Nashville-area campus