HANOVER COUNTY, Va. - According to the Associated Press, an Ashland, Virginia man is being treated for injuries suffered when he was hit by an unmarked police car while trying to cross a highway.
Media outlets report that the Hanover County Sheriff's Office vehicle hit the 24-year-old man Monday afternoon on South Washington Highway near the intersection with Junction Drive.
Sheriff's office spokesman Sgt. Chris Whitely says the man suffered serious but non-life threatening injuries and was taken to VCU Medical Center. The deputy driving the unmarked police car suffered minor injuries.
Whitely says witnesses told police that the deputy was driving through a green light when the accident occurred.
Police haven't identified the pedestrian or the deputy as the accident remains under investigation.
- New Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- New Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- New Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Updated Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record
- Updated Local bank holding 5K run to raise money for Niswonger Children's Hospital