Would you like to give a helping hand this Christmas? You can help families in need have some gifts under the tree through Operation Santa.
It's a charity in full swing at U.S. Post Offices across the country. In fact, it's in its hundredth year.
Basically, needy families write letters to Santa and anonymous donors help fulfill their requests.
The ages of those writing the letters to Santa vary. Some are children, of course, while others are parents.
To commemorate the 100th anniversary of Operation Santa, the postal service has issued a special Santa stamp and is selling memorabilia, including a holiday ornament and a children's book.
- Updated Update on Proposed Methadone Clinic for Gray
- Washington County, Virginia man charged with rape of child
- EPA, USDA announces initiative to help bring broadband service to Erwin
- Previously missing Russell County woman found unharmed in Georgia
- Major decision expected Wednesday in relation to proposed Gray methadone clinic