Would you like to give a helping hand this Christmas? You can help families in need have some gifts under the tree through Operation Santa.
It's a charity in full swing at U.S. Post Offices across the country. In fact, it's in its hundredth year.
Basically, needy families write letters to Santa and anonymous donors help fulfill their requests.
The ages of those writing the letters to Santa vary. Some are children, of course, while others are parents.
To commemorate the 100th anniversary of Operation Santa, the postal service has issued a special Santa stamp and is selling memorabilia, including a holiday ornament and a children's book.
- Johnson City Police cruisers damaged after hour-long car chase
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools