Would you like to give a helping hand this Christmas? You can help families in need have some gifts under the tree through Operation Santa.
It's a charity in full swing at U.S. Post Offices across the country. In fact, it's in its hundredth year.
Basically, needy families write letters to Santa and anonymous donors help fulfill their requests.
The ages of those writing the letters to Santa vary. Some are children, of course, while others are parents.
To commemorate the 100th anniversary of Operation Santa, the postal service has issued a special Santa stamp and is selling memorabilia, including a holiday ornament and a children's book.
- New Life Care agrees to pay $145 million for role in false claims to Medicare, TRICARE
- New Trial in Carter County begins for man accused of trying to kill deputy while in jail
- Third suspect in Nashville tourist's death arrested
- Virginia city may consider "In God We Trust" motto for its city hall
- Body discovered near Guest River Gorge