Would you like to give a helping hand this Christmas? You can help families in need have some gifts under the tree through Operation Santa.
It's a charity in full swing at U.S. Post Offices across the country. In fact, it's in its hundredth year.
Basically, needy families write letters to Santa and anonymous donors help fulfill their requests.
The ages of those writing the letters to Santa vary. Some are children, of course, while others are parents.
To commemorate the 100th anniversary of Operation Santa, the postal service has issued a special Santa stamp and is selling memorabilia, including a holiday ornament and a children's book.
- New Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- Updated School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing