BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. - Racing is under way in Blountville.
The Thor United States Mega Series opened up at Muddy Creek Raceway Sunday.
More than 60 riders from more than 12 states were at the track to take on the competition. Riders in the event ranged from four to 73-years-old.
The opening race is a Pro-Am event, which is required for riders to attain a professional license.
Victory Sports President Sam Gammon tell us this track is great for any type of rider.
"It's natural terrain. So it's not super cross type jumps. Natural terrain makes a little more safe, a little more fun. People learn to ride in the fields and in the woods, up hills and down hills, so that's what we have here at Muddy Creek raceway," Gammon says.
Muddy Creek Raceway is hosting its biggest race of the year in June. It will be the return of the Red Bull Tennessee National race.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death