An official says a Georgia police officer has been fatally shot and another is wounded. Two suspects have been arrested and a third is still at large.
Authorities say a Georgia police officer has been shot.
The Georgia Bureau of Investigation said in a brief statement that the shooting happened Friday in Polk County, about 60 miles (95 kms) northwest of Atlanta.
The GBI said in a follow-up statement that authorities are searching for a man last seen in the area who is "considered armed and dangerous." The GBI did not identify him as a suspect, but advised people in the area not to approach him and to call 911 if he's seen.
No other details were immediately available Friday afternoon.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Disney Animation, Pixar chief John Lasseter taking leave
- Homes with a heart: local United Way initiative offers shelter for families in need
- Parents urged to take a look at "Trouble in Toyland" report before Christmas shopping
- Mosheim's Blue Springs Lutheran Church added to National Register of Historical Places
- Derailed coal train had Michigan utility plant destination