A North Carolina man has been charged with two counts of indecent liberties with a student at a preschool where he works.
The Times-News of Burlington reports Philip Anthony Thomas, of Chapel Hill, was arrested Wednesday morning. The Orange County Sheriff's Office said in a news release they received a report on July 7 from Our PlayHouse Preschool and Kindergarten, between Saxapahaw and Chapel Hill, alleging inappropriate conduct between a part-time teacher and child during the school's summer camp in June.
Thomas has previously worked with other early childhood development agencies and programs. The sheriff's office says additional charges are possible.
Thomas is being held in the Orange County Jail on a $20,000 bond, and is scheduled to appear in court Thursday afternoon. It's unclear if he has a lawyer.
Information from: Times-News, http://www.thetimesnews.com
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- President Trump and family now land owners in Hawkins County
- Businesses in downtown Marion deck the windows for holiday contest
- UPDATE: Bristol, Tennessee man sentenced to 10 years for child sex crimes
- Sullivan County Highway Department has new tools to clear slippery roads
- UPDATE: Governor Haslam offers $5K reward for info on Bristol Walmart murder