NASHVILLE, Tenn. - A Nashville news crew is getting some credit for aiding in the capture of a wanted man.
Authorities were searching for Jeff Vaughn, a Williamson County school maintenance worker that was arrested Sunday after his wife received treatment for wounds caused by shotgun pellets and flying glass.
A WTVF-TV photographer and reporter were covering the story when they saw a suspect matching Vaughn's description. Sheriff Jeff Long noted the station's efforts after apprehending Vaughn without incident.
School had been called off in the entire county because Vaughn was still able to access the buildings while he was still being pursued. No classes are scheduled to meet Monday.
- GOP opens new campaign spot in Washington County Tennessee
- Johnson City hosts first Kidney Foundation charity walk in the region
- Virginia State Police investigate deadly motorcycle crash
- Blood drive honors recovering Volunteer Parkway shooting victim
- Buchanan County Sheriff's Office investigates death of elderly man