NASHVILLE, Tenn. - A Nashville news crew is getting some credit for aiding in the capture of a wanted man.
Authorities were searching for Jeff Vaughn, a Williamson County school maintenance worker that was arrested Sunday after his wife received treatment for wounds caused by shotgun pellets and flying glass.
A WTVF-TV photographer and reporter were covering the story when they saw a suspect matching Vaughn's description. Sheriff Jeff Long noted the station's efforts after apprehending Vaughn without incident.
School had been called off in the entire county because Vaughn was still able to access the buildings while he was still being pursued. No classes are scheduled to meet Monday.
- New 2-year-old drowns in North Carolina swimming pool
- New South Dakota teen with cancer gets OK to walk at graduation
- 2 juveniles charged in former Kingsport IGA building fire
- New resource plans to help mothers bearing drug addicted babies in Tri-Cities
- Many busy picking up the pieces after severe storms strike our region