NASHVILLE, Tenn. - A Nashville news crew is getting some credit for aiding in the capture of a wanted man.
Authorities were searching for Jeff Vaughn, a Williamson County school maintenance worker that was arrested Sunday after his wife received treatment for wounds caused by shotgun pellets and flying glass.
A WTVF-TV photographer and reporter were covering the story when they saw a suspect matching Vaughn's description. Sheriff Jeff Long noted the station's efforts after apprehending Vaughn without incident.
School had been called off in the entire county because Vaughn was still able to access the buildings while he was still being pursued. No classes are scheduled to meet Monday.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash