NASHVILLE, Tenn. - A Nashville news crew is getting some credit for aiding in the capture of a wanted man.
Authorities were searching for Jeff Vaughn, a Williamson County school maintenance worker that was arrested Sunday after his wife received treatment for wounds caused by shotgun pellets and flying glass.
A WTVF-TV photographer and reporter were covering the story when they saw a suspect matching Vaughn's description. Sheriff Jeff Long noted the station's efforts after apprehending Vaughn without incident.
School had been called off in the entire county because Vaughn was still able to access the buildings while he was still being pursued. No classes are scheduled to meet Monday.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities