NASHVILLE, Tenn. - A Nashville news crew is getting some credit for aiding in the capture of a wanted man.
Authorities were searching for Jeff Vaughn, a Williamson County school maintenance worker that was arrested Sunday after his wife received treatment for wounds caused by shotgun pellets and flying glass.
A WTVF-TV photographer and reporter were covering the story when they saw a suspect matching Vaughn's description. Sheriff Jeff Long noted the station's efforts after apprehending Vaughn without incident.
School had been called off in the entire county because Vaughn was still able to access the buildings while he was still being pursued. No classes are scheduled to meet Monday.
- New Double-up: Tri Cities' Kroger stores not included in coupon cancellation
- 'Genius Hour' inspiring unique products from Bristol middle schoolers
- Official: Trump to revoke transgender bathroom guidance
- Poll: 51 percent of Tennesseans approve of Trump's job performance
- Updated UPDATE: Suspected Kingsport killer gets $250K bond