In a new NBC poll about Syria, 50 percent of respondents oppose the U.S. taking military action in response to Syria's use of chemical weapons, compared with 42 percent who support it.
79 percent say the president should be required to receive congressional approval before taking any action.
Just 27 percent say the U.S. military force will improve the situation for Syrian civilians.
- Updated Southwest Virginia man dies after being hit by car
- Hawkins EMS remains only service during feasibility study
- College students voice opinions on presidential debate
- Bristol, Tenn. household divided over presidential election
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire