In a new NBC poll about Syria, 50 percent of respondents oppose the U.S. taking military action in response to Syria's use of chemical weapons, compared with 42 percent who support it.
79 percent say the president should be required to receive congressional approval before taking any action.
Just 27 percent say the U.S. military force will improve the situation for Syrian civilians.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting