AVERY COUNTY, N.C. - A mudslide caused a road closure in Avery County, North Carolina Tuesday morning.
Dispatchers say Elk Park Highway was closed on what they say is referred to as the "three-lane part." We're told that is from the 2,000 block to the 5,130 block of Elk Parkway.
That's almost to the intersection of 19-E.
For personal vehicles, the county is asking that you detour to Blevins Creek Road.
Large vehicles, such as tractor-trailers, need to take 19-E or the 3-Mile Highway.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City