AVERY COUNTY, N.C. - A mudslide caused a road closure in Avery County, North Carolina Tuesday morning.
Dispatchers say Elk Park Highway was closed on what they say is referred to as the "three-lane part." We're told that is from the 2,000 block to the 5,130 block of Elk Parkway.
That's almost to the intersection of 19-E.
For personal vehicles, the county is asking that you detour to Blevins Creek Road.
Large vehicles, such as tractor-trailers, need to take 19-E or the 3-Mile Highway.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator