AVERY COUNTY, N.C. - A mudslide caused a road closure in Avery County, North Carolina Tuesday morning.
Dispatchers say Elk Park Highway was closed on what they say is referred to as the "three-lane part." We're told that is from the 2,000 block to the 5,130 block of Elk Parkway.
That's almost to the intersection of 19-E.
For personal vehicles, the county is asking that you detour to Blevins Creek Road.
Large vehicles, such as tractor-trailers, need to take 19-E or the 3-Mile Highway.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone