VIRGINIA - There's a lot of missing information for hundreds of thousands of people across the country who are receiving health care coverage under the new health overhaul, including many in Virginia.
The Department of Health and Human Services says nearly 14,000 Virginians have not sent in proof of citizenship or immigration. The department says there may not be a problem with their eligibility, but documentation is needed to verify the information is correct.
Officials say letters have been sent out to people whose information does not match what the government has on file.
If you get one of these letters, you should upload your documentation to healthcare.gov by September 5th or mail it in. If it's not received, your coverage will end September 30th.
For questions, contact the call center at 1-800-318-2596. There customers can find out what documents need to be submitted, and see whether the Marketplace has received the information.
- New Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- New Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- New Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Updated Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record
- Updated Local bank holding 5K run to raise money for Niswonger Children's Hospital