VIRGINIA - There's a lot of missing information for hundreds of thousands of people across the country who are receiving health care coverage under the new health overhaul, including many in Virginia.
The Department of Health and Human Services says nearly 14,000 Virginians have not sent in proof of citizenship or immigration. The department says there may not be a problem with their eligibility, but documentation is needed to verify the information is correct.
Officials say letters have been sent out to people whose information does not match what the government has on file.
If you get one of these letters, you should upload your documentation to healthcare.gov by September 5th or mail it in. If it's not received, your coverage will end September 30th.
For questions, contact the call center at 1-800-318-2596. There customers can find out what documents need to be submitted, and see whether the Marketplace has received the information.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- Updated VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University
- Kingsport man trying to make Halloween attractions accessible to all