The man accused of selling synthetic drugs in the Tri-Cities agrees to a plea deal that will send him to jail and force him to pay a hefty fine.
According to federal court documents we checked, Daniel Guy Bickley pleaded guilty to two counts related to the distribution and possession of a controlled substance – in this case, "bath salts".
Bickley owned several Cloud 9 Emporiums throughout the Tri-Cities; they were retail outlets where investigators witnessed the drugs being sold. The stores were the focus of police raids a couple of years ago.
Bickley's guilty plea carries with it possible 30 years in prison and upwards of a one million dollar fine.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin