The man accused of selling synthetic drugs in the Tri-Cities agrees to a plea deal that will send him to jail and force him to pay a hefty fine.
According to federal court documents we checked, Daniel Guy Bickley pleaded guilty to two counts related to the distribution and possession of a controlled substance – in this case, "bath salts".
Bickley owned several Cloud 9 Emporiums throughout the Tri-Cities; they were retail outlets where investigators witnessed the drugs being sold. The stores were the focus of police raids a couple of years ago.
Bickley's guilty plea carries with it possible 30 years in prison and upwards of a one million dollar fine.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next