The man accused of selling synthetic drugs in the Tri-Cities agrees to a plea deal that will send him to jail and force him to pay a hefty fine.
According to federal court documents we checked, Daniel Guy Bickley pleaded guilty to two counts related to the distribution and possession of a controlled substance – in this case, "bath salts".
Bickley owned several Cloud 9 Emporiums throughout the Tri-Cities; they were retail outlets where investigators witnessed the drugs being sold. The stores were the focus of police raids a couple of years ago.
Bickley's guilty plea carries with it possible 30 years in prison and upwards of a one million dollar fine.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death