SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - This Labor Day the US Census Bureau reports more than 155 million people are in the nation's work force, but in the past few years that number has fluctuated.
With Election Day just a few months out, the job market is on the minds of many, and some, still have concerns.
"We definitely need an improvement in the economy," said Bobbie Bishop, a local resident. "[We] need to put more people back to work."
Local resident Bill Price said, "I mean there's still work to be done, it's just some people are just picking and choosing what jobs they will take or won't do."
Some people told News 5 just to have a job this labor day is a reason to be thankful. The US Department of Labor reports 8.3 percent of Americans are unemployed.
- New Baby raccoons saved following Bristol storm
- New Department of Corrections holds law enforcement appreciation lunch
- New Severe weather traps residents in vehicles, hits homes
- New Hall of Famer's widow causes stir with memorabilia auction
- Updated Sextuplets thriving after delivery at Virginia hospital