BRISTOL, Va. - Valentine's Day is still a few weeks away, but it's never too early to start thinking about what to send your loved one.
In fact, Healing Hands Health Center is giving you a chance to send a sweet treat and help the uninsured at the same time.
For just $50, you can send a Blackbird Bakery cupcake to your valentine, which helps raise money for Healing Hands.
Officials say they're hoping to raise $15,000 to help pay for medical expenses for the uninsured in our region.
During the last three years, the sweet treats were not just dropped off to your average valentine. "It has turned into more of a heartfelt fundraiser, where people are thinking of maybe someone who has found out they have cancer. We deliver to the nursing homes, to people who aren't thought of on Valentine's Day," said Helen Scott with Healing Hands Health Center.
If you would like to order a cupcake, the deadline is February 11th. Call Healing Hands at (423) 573-4324.
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University
- Kingsport man trying to make Halloween attractions accessible to all
- Tennessee voters encouraged to vote early